Friday, December 27, 2013

The Christmas Chronicles

Merry Christmas!!
I know I'm a few days late but we all know it takes a bit to get over the hype. And the food. Oh the food!

I have been very spoilt this year, like most years - I always feel incredibly blessed with the gifts that I am given. This year I was gifted my first proper designer piece.

I was given the gift of Chanel.

Thanks to my incredibly generous Mum and Dad and their trip to Hong Kong in November, my Mum wanted to spoil my sister and I and give us a Chanel wallet each as a super special present. She was armed with a great friend in HK who knows the designer stores well so getting there was no problem.


I was sooooo surprised when I unwrapped the little black carry bag with the letters CHANEL on them. I was even more surprised when I realised it was a classic black wallet, complete with authenticity card and the yummy leathery smell (this is not a fake peeps!).



Dead Lord I am a lucky girl.

I was also gifted some new towels for the house, a Mimco phone case in one of my favourite colours, some new Nike joggers, a new Pandora bracelet, a gold bangle, a BBQ for my apartment patio (I can't wait to BBQ when I get home!!) and lots of other goodies.



If you follow me on instagram, you would have seen a few more snaps of the big day! How did you all fare in the Christmas haul?

The only thing that I am sad about this Christmas is how overwhelmed and stressed my family felt. I'm being honest when I say this Christmas didn't fly by in a sea of joy and happiness. There's the food prep, the cooking, the cleaning, the setting of the table, the organising and the chaos of a bunch of family all hoping to get a long, with the clash of personalities at least once since deep down we are all very much the same.

I'm sure it is similar in some people's households, but if you are one of those family's that get a long like a house on fire and there are no tears or tantrums, then I salute you.

I only wish that at our next Christmas we can all remain calm and remember what the day is about. Because for me it is about family spending time together, eating and laughing and being happy to be in each others presence. Of course I'm a realist and there will always be a little tiff, but I hope the stress of the 'big day' doesn't take away from how special all of us being together really is.

(My Christmas tree in Sydney)

This year having our family together is especially important. My Grandfather is in the early stages of battling lung cancer and his treatment has begun over the Christmas break so having him here with us, and still healthy is a true gift.


I hope wherever you spent your Christmas, and whatever gifts you were given, you realised how lucky and blessed you are to be with people that you love.

(Our family Christmas tree at my parents home in our home town)

Now it's time to look toward the new year celebrations. Oh boy, another year is on the door step. Is anybody else a little freaked at how quickly 2013 has gone?

2014 is shaping up to be another cracker of a year for me. I am planning, but only a little, because in my experience every year has thrown me so many curve balls and changes that I can never plan too much! But, this is exciting! Not knowing sometimes is a great thing!

I've decided that I am going to do a 'reflection' post on all of the amazing things that have happened and that I have accomplished in 2013 rather then a post about new year resolutions because mostly every year they are the same for me!

More to come soon.

Happy holidays! x

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas! And I LOVE the wallet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! It was a pretty nice Christmas for us this year! I hope yours was wonderful too :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi Ellie! I'm Heather and I was hoping you would be able to answer a question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather,
      I will send you an email this afternoon :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo