Monday, April 15, 2013

A little ruffle

Yesterday amidst 'trying' to get some uni work done/ relax/ spend time with my BF, I managed to finish (and salvage) a scarf that I have been knitting for quite some time!

I posted about the 'Little Ruffle' scarf way back here and yesterday I completed it!





I didn't think I would get this scarf done as I had accidentally broken some of the yarn off when I was attempting to un-do some of the knitting that I had already done because I wasn't happy with it (big mistake!)

When the yarn broke, I threw the project into the 'I'll never get this finished' pile even though I am in love with the yarn and the colour and I really wanted it to be done.

Last week, my mum and I were sorting through my yarn stash and I found it again and having looked at it with fresh eyes, it didn't seem so ruined after all! I confided in my 'knitting guru' friend and she told me how to finish it. I was so excited, I got my needles fired up and got it done last night.




Its a good thing I didn't give up on this baby because I love it, even with its ruffle imperfections and a few boo-boos here and there. Its snuggly, soft and beautiful. I can't wait for the weather to cool down so I can officially wear it.




I have a few knitting and crochet 'WIP's (work in progress) that I need to get to since sorting my stash. I find knitting and crochet so therapeutic and right now my life is so hectic and at times overwhelming that I need a bit of therapy here and there.

I'm off to try and do some uni homework now, wish me luck!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. ahhhh love the colour. It looks so cosy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! It is very cosy, so snugly! I love it :)

      Delete
  2. Love that scarf and your hair! xx

    http://youngbeautybloggeronabudget.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo