Sunday, March 17, 2013

Once upon a time...

Once upon a time, before I started studying full time again, I was an avid crafter.

I loved knitting, sewing (or attempting to sew) and my biggest love was crochet. Now, don't think for one second that crochet is only for the Nana's and the lonely old biddies. Crochet is a great, relaxing craft that I hold close to my heart and is very trendy if done right.

A good friend of mine opened my eyes to the wonderful world of yarn and handmade crafting a few years ago and lately I have been missing it! I haven't picked up the crochet hook in I don't know how long and I really miss the humbling feeling it gives me when I finish a project that looks great.

There is something about crochet that reminds me of home, the country and I guess the way things were once upon a time.

One of my goals this year is to attempt to moderately get back into crochet (and maybe knitting - its the sad truth that I am not a good knitter, you can ask the tangled and hole-y, unfinished pieces in my yarn stash).

I have a lot of things on the go at the moment, including hopefully something very exciting that I can share with you all soon, so crochet will be something to make me happy as a small side project.

Until then, here are some 'pins' I love for inspiration in all things yarn and crochet.










Do you craft?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo