Thursday, August 30, 2012

Skinny Smoothie


Boy do I love Pinterest.

Its been an obsession of mine since I signed up early this year. So many awesome ideas, trends and inspiration to be seen and re-pinned!

I was scrolling through some pins yesterday and saw this recipe for a "skinny oatmeal smoothie" via Lauren Conrad's pins. The recipe comes from here originally and is a perfect morning brekkie substitute for your usual cereal or eggs if you're trying to eat a little healthier!

Recipe includes:
1 cup ice
1/2 cup frozen raspberries or strawberries (I used mixed frozen berries)
1/2 cup low fat yoghurt (I used natural greek yoghurt)
1 banana
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup coconut water or another liquid (I used a small splash of almond milk)
1 tbsp of honey

{ Blend all ingredients until smooth }

Yummy! I think this recipe is such a good one because I usually have all of the ingredients at home which make for a quick whip up and its done!!

  •  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo