Sunday, May 20, 2012

The k1 p1 bulky scarf WIP


Ah I love some good knitting sanity. This little beauty is a treasure to knit (oh, and so easy I can even watch TV while I go - gotta love that!)

I'm whipping this up for my Graphic Design assignment, it is to go with a theme of "Country Road" clothing's' winter line. Bulky, warm knits are in this winter so I think it is quite fitting. I love it. I decided to go with a very simple design of knitting one row and then purling the next, so simple but I love the simplicity of it.

I was cruising along with this knit this morning but realised quickly that I should have checked the yardage of the skein because I needed to order more! (Doh!) Anyway, my last little parcel only took a few days to arrive from WA so I'll hopefully be back on track and finished by the end of the week!


I'm loving the feel of this Spud and Chloe Outer yarn! Ooh its gorgeous and works up really nicely! I've ravelled my progress here.

More knitting news soon friends!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. So glad your enjoying knitting your scarf, I always find knitting very theraputic! I love the colourand the chunkyness will be so warm this winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! This yarn is just beautiful and a delight to knit with! Are you knitting anything at the moment?
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Hi, can you please tell me where you ordered the Spud and Chloe wool from? I love how chunky your scarf looks!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennie, I use an online store called "The Wool Shack" (www.thewoolshack.com.au). I think they are located in WA but their delivery time is quite reasonable! They have a large selection of the S&C colours available but I dont think they have them all.
      Happy shopping! :o)
      Ellie

      Delete
    2. Sorry Jennie, I think it is only "thewoolshack.com" (not au)
      Ellie :o)

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo