Saturday, March 3, 2012

Bright and happy snaps!

I was cruising the halls of my uni the other day in the Creative Industries department where I take my Graphic Design classes and I noticed something.

I'm studying a Bachelor of Graphic Design and minoring in photography, along the walls of the halls at uni are big prints of (I am assuming) ex-students photography work. They are all really good and interesting but they all have one thing in common.... they look "dark".
When I say dark I don't mean the contrast or shadows or that its hard to see whats in the pictures, I mean the whole feel of the pictures are dark and a little depressive.

I am by no means trying to be nasty or criticize any ones photography work because these pictures are really very good but to me I get a little gloomy when I see these types of photos.

When I think of photography I want to be able to take pictures that give off an emotion of course, but I am thinking more along the lines of bright, happy, beautiful emotions. I think if I do end up pursuing a career down the line that dabbles in photography this will be much more my style.

I get inspired by good pictures, and one photographer that I often follow is a lady by the name of Heidi Rookyard. She is awesome! She does weddings, family photos, portraits, engagement shoots... capturing all of the beautiful things in life! I found her on Facebook through some local people around my home town. She is based in the Central Western NSW area and creates some gorgeous pictures!

You can find her page of FB here.

Heidi's photography is definitely more my "style".

I have my first technical photography assignment due in about 2 weeks so I am going to start brainstorming some bright ideas for my subject!


(If only it would stop raining here so I can get outside and explore for my assignment! It has been non-stop this week and I can hear more coming down on the roof right now, it sounds wild out there! I guess my backyard will be flooded again - which means that my laundry is cut-off, dang it! The washing will have to wait!!!)

How is the weather at your place today? I hear most of NSW is getting down-pour?!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo