Sunday, May 22, 2011

In my garden...

Today in our town a storm was brewing.


garden flower


Thunder was rumbling off in the distance and the sun was barely peaking through the overcast clouds. It was a typically chilly autumn day but there was a special feel to the breeze that enticed me to get out of the warmth of the house and explore outside & the garden.



autumn leaf


Autumn can be such a pretty time in the seasons don't you think??


autumn leaves



Now is the perfect time to be knitting. Its chilly and sometimes dreary outside and all I want to do is stay in and knit. (My granny status is rising!!! hehe Just kidding, knitting is SO not only for grannies!)


At the moment I am busily working on my "Little Ruffle" scarf that I am so excited to be making. What a gorgeous pattern, but very time consuming! It is taking me a loooong time to get the bulk of the scarf done and lots of continual knitting and purling rows (47 inches to be exact. At the moment I've done about 34 inches and counting...)


I am trying so hard to hold myself back from starting a new project until I cast off on the Ruffle because I don't want to lose interest because I really really want to be able to wear my Ruffle before the end of winter!!


Next up on my "to-do" list is this gorg number, made with yummy Malabrigo Worsted of course!



wurm cowl



I can't get enough of Malabrigo yarns at the moment. Luckily for me Jodie at Jellywares has PLENTY of Malabrigo to purchase in her shop so I am stocking up when ever I can before she sells out!


My Ruffle is being whipped up in the beautiful Malabrigo Silky Merino and I am head over heels in love with this yarn. I think I love this yarn even more than I love the Malabrigo worsted. Its silky and shiny and soft! I definitely reccommend if you can get your hands on some - do it!!!



Okay, enough lusting over yarns, I'm off to bed. I can't believe that the weekend is over already, where did it go? Time doesn't seem to stand still for very long anymore!! I think its a sign that I am getting old! LOL



Good night Blogland.


Ellie..........x

4 comments:

  1. Absolutley beautiful pics from your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. been thinking of you lately. hope all is well. Knitting always helps! PLanning a visit soon x
    Love Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hayles,
    It's great to hear from you! I have been doing it a bit tough lately but a visit from you would definitely put a smile on my face! hehe
    Hope to see you back in town soon!
    xxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo