Thursday, February 24, 2011

My creative space

This week in "My creative space" I'm working on another order from a friend and work colleague for a baby flower beanie for her God daughter.


I decided to use The Dainty Daisy's shell stitch pattern again because it is just too cute all worked up and would be perfect for this little baby girl!


baby beanie 4

I'm using Malabrigo worsted yarn again in a yummy apricot colour. This yarn is sooooo nice to work with and these beanies hardly make a dent in one skein!! (Gotta love that!)


I'm just putting the finishing touches on the beanie and then I'm going to make a start on the BIG flower I plan on adding to the side of the beanie. I can't wait to see it all finished, its so cute already!! (No clucky jokes please hehe!)


baby beanie 5

Even though my friend told me that this little girl is a newborn I've opted for making the next size up (3months - 6 months) at the hope that the baby will get more wear out of it.


malabrigo apricot

My pictures aren't great but I'll definitely upload some more once its all done!


I'm also still plodding along on my Lady Kina cardi... its working up nicely and will update again soon!

Ellie x

5 comments:

  1. The yarn really caught my eye, it's a beautiful colour. It looks really sweet made up into the beanie, it will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet - love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this colour Ellie and am so glad that you chose it for your little baby hat...

    Can't wait to see you XXL flower when it's done, I'm sure it will be just gorgeous!!!

    Hugs - Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little beanie is looking absolutely gorgeous, and in such a pretty colour too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo