Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My first Ysolda knit!!

So back here I was talking about how much I wanted to try and make something by the awesomely talented Ysolda Teague. Well.... this week I did it!

Thanks to my friend Jodie of course who helped me start it all off in knitting/crochet class last weekend! I was soooo excited to start the gorgeous pattern from this cute book which I am now a happy owner of...


I LOVE this pattern book and all of the great projects in it! This is the first book by Ysolda, closely followed by her Whimsical Little Knits 2 (which I plan on adding to my collection very soon!) I am already planning my next knitting project from in here!

My first Ysolda knit is this little beauty...


It's called the "Icing Swirl Hat" and its a gorgeous (and actually quite simple surprisingly) slouch beret hat. For something different (because I've already done a crocheted slouchy red beret) I decided to make this baby in a nice blue 12 ply Cascades yarn. So far I am about 3 rows from finishing!!


So far its a little hard to tell how its going to look as a finished project but I am sooo pleased with it and excited to finish it tonight and try it on!


Look out winter here I come!!

I'll post pics as soon as I get this little one finished!

Happy Australia day for tomorrow too folks! I hope you've got something "Aussie" planned! I'll be attending a BBQ and hanging by the pool no doubt. It's suppose to get up to 44 degrees here tomorrow! Crazy hey?! It's definitely summer time!

3 comments:

  1. That's a really pretty blue yarn, you'll look very fabulous in Winter wearing it. Have a great day tomorrow and stay cool.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ellie...Your knitting is looking great!!! I MUST go and have a few lessons with Jodie!!!...there are so many lovely things I want to make....but my knitting is not up to scratch...cant wait to see it finished!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am totally loving this colour blue for you Ellie, it will look awesome with some fadded blue jeans and a white tee in Winter for sure...

    I can't wait to see what you choose next to knit from Ysolda..

    Hugs - Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo