Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dad's own...

Ever since I was little I've known my Dad to be a "meat and 3 veg" kinda guy and has always been the king of the BBQ. So it doesn't surprise me that I am also a lover of any meat and a HUGE fan of a good BBQ (especially one cooked by Dad!!)
This week I decided to use one of Dad's recipe's and re-live a little bit of my childhood! I remember my sisters and I helping Dad make these when we were little. Gotta love them, so easy and so meaty, great with gravy, or my fav... tomato sauce!

Dad's Rissoles...


Here's what you need to make a batch this big (about 15 big meaty rissoles)

1kg beef mince

1 large onion chopped

A good big splash of Worcestershire sauce

An equally large squirt of tomato sauce

1 - 2 eggs (depending on the amount of mince you may need to use 2 eggs)

Salt & Pepper to taste

(Roger's added extra's - Cumin and dried Basil flakes)

Mix all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty and mix well! Sprinkle some plain flour onto a chopping board and start rolling balls of the mixture and roll in the flour to coat. Make the rissoles as large or as small as you like.

Once all of the rissoles are rolled, heat up the pan with some oil and cook the rissoles on a medium-high heat (make sure its not too high so you don't just burn the outside of the rissoles in stead of cooling evenly through) Flatten slightly to cook through.

Then you're done! Yum! I usually just whip up some gravy using Gravox to go with the rissoles. Mash potato goes really well with these too!!


Yummo! Enjoy!

Thanks Dad! :o) xxoo

1 comment:

  1. I'm making these rissoles tonight!
    I'll let you know how they go!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo