Monday, December 27, 2010

All things Merry and Christmasy!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Gosh I love this time of year, and now that it is Boxing Day, I have to admit I am a little sad that it's all over for another year.


Yesterday was a great day spent with my gorgeous family, opening presents, laughing, relaxing and eating... LOTS of eating!
I was also very spoilt this year in the presents department! The biggest present that I received off my Mum and Dad was my very first Mix Master! I am soooo stoked! Its a gorgeous Sunbeam Cafe Series Mix Master. I LOVE it! It also made an appearance in the kitchen on Chrissie day when I attempted making my first ever Pavlova. After all, what time of Christmas would it be without a pav, right??!


I was sooo surprised with myself once I finished whipping up the pav from scratch and tasted it... it was a hit!!!

All of these years I have been thinking that pavlova's were hard to make, when in fact they're SUPER easy! Especially when you're lucky enough to have a snazzy new mix master to help you whip those egg whites!! hehe

Also on the Christmas front, I promised that I'd post about my Jellywares Christmas washer swap goodies, so here they are...


Firstly from Toni at The Red Boot Quilt Company I received this gorgeous red washer. It is sooo soft and beautifully made - perfect for the festive season!


Then I received this cute handmade soap holder, also in Christmas colours!



And inside was this neat bar of soap...


Also in my parcel of goodies was some very yummy chocolates (which I couldn't help myself with and ate already!) and some beautiful Chai tea and black tea... yummo!

Thank you so much for the goodies Toni! I love them all, it was such a nice early Christmas present to receive these in the mail!

In other news, today I strolled outside into our tiny backyard and noticed that I had 2 bright red and scrumptious looking tomato's hanging from my 2 tomato bushes! I was super happy to see these beauties as they're the first tomato's I've managed to harvest this season!


All in all, the last few days have been great and I'm looking forward to the next few off work! Ahh, holidays are so nice aren't they?!

I hope your Christmas day has been as relaxing and lovely as mine. Did Santa find you!?

Until my next post, enjoy the time off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo