Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Harvesting...

Today I harvested some baby carrots from our veggie patch!! I was so excited to pluck the little orange veggies from the garden, some of them turned out better than others and some were really funny looking all curly at the ends!



These carrots were grown from seeds, they're some of the first veggies that I've ever grown and I've definitely learnt a few things since growing these babies.




Next time around I'm definitely going to space my carrot seeds out more so they have space to grow larger and over-crowding wont happen. But for now I'm happy with this first batch of baby carrots and are hoping they'll taste very yummy steamed maybe with some honey as honey baby carrots!!



Also this week I'm hoping to get some pretty crocheted bed socks started. I found this pattern on Ravelry and I love how they look.
Hopefully I can get them started when I find some more spare time!

Ellie x

1 comment:

  1. Good job with the carrots! I will take you up on your offer to crochet some washers for me. I will email you when I find five minutes. Have a great night x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo