Saturday, August 14, 2010

Knit, Knit, Knit...

Today in crochet class I decided that I would try my hand at knitting! Many years ago, a babysitter of ours taught me the basics of knitting and I just did a bit here and there when I was younger and have never done any since, so I thought "Today is the day!".

It was sooo great trying a new craft (as much as I adore crochet!!). I even managed to finish my first EVER knitted project! It's a very basic knitted scarf made in a gorgeous 20 ply (super chunky) pure Cascade wool yarn. MMM its so soft and woolly, I'm calling it the "Chunky Marshmellow Scarf"!

What do you think???


I really think it looks alot like fluffy marshmellows lol It was super easy, and it worked up soooo quick because I used these gorgeously huge 12.75mm knitting needles, I finished it all in one arvo lesson! How great is that?! It feels awesome to be able to whip something up so quickly!



Now, my next knitting project I'm thinking I'm going to tackle some kind of clothing! Maybe a shawl or poncho, or cute vest?? Not too sure yet, but I'm going to hit up Ravelry and find some patterns and see what Jodie thinks will be suitable for a knitting beginner!!


My next crochet project to tackle this weekend and into early next week is another slouchy beret for Jessie! She's off to the snow on Wednesday and has asked me to make her a beret! She's picked a gorgeous coloured yarn so I've gotta get it started and finished pretty quick!

What crafty stuff have you all been up to lately???

Ellie x

1 comment:

  1. You totally rocked this Ellie!!!
    I can't wait to see what you find on Ravelry for your next project..

    Hugs - Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo