Monday, July 12, 2010

Sew on and sew forth...

Sooo, after my last post or so about wanting to learn how to sew I decided to get a wriggle on and find out where abouts I could learn or join a class here in town and I found one! I'm going to be joining a class of ladies at the local Quilt shop! I'm super excited!

My class starts on wednesday night (and if I enjoy it and don't suck too bad at it lol, I'll continue to attend classes on wednesday nights!) Colleen, (the organiser and shop owner) has said that once I get down to the shop before wednesday I can figure out what "beginners" project I can get into and purchase some fabrics! Mmmm, I'm starting to become obsessed with GORGEOUS fabrics! After blog surfing again today I found another beautiful and amazingly creative fabric webiste, this time based in the US.

The site is called "Hawthorne Threads" and has such a cute site, I loved it the moment I clicked on it! Their logo alone tells you how pretty all of their fabrics are!


You can find their online store here and can follow their blog here. Check it out, you'll love it!

Also on my blog/net surfing expeditions I came across another crafty inspiration, and I'm sure you've all heard of her and her designs (but I'm a bit behind the 8-ball as I'm new to blogland/crafty websites and bloggyness). Her name is Amy Butler! (Amy Butler Designs) and I'm LOVING her crafty work!! She dabbles in all things creative, but by far her best work (in my opinion) is her fabric and sewing patterns! I just love her eye for great fabrics and colour schemes! Just check out these gorgeous examples of her works:


You can find her site and links to her shop here. PLUS, on her site she offers FREE pdf downloads of some of her patterns (how great is that??!), so I plan to tackle one of her gorgeous quilting projects one of these days... of course after I learn to sew this week! :o)

Ellie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo